Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Network (CYSHCN) Partners
- ABC for Health – Advocacy and Benefits Counseling for Health, Inc. – A public interest law firm connecting Wisconsin families to health care.
- Family Voices of Wisconsin – Family Voices helps families navigate health care and community supports and services by providing training and information. As a family-run organization, Family Voices supports families in their own leadership and advocacy journey, and promotes family-centered care and family/professional partnerships. Visit the Family Voices of Wisconsin website to view fact sheets, videos, quarterly newsletters, and online learning.
- Parent to Parent of Wisconsin – Provides support to parents of children with special needs through a one-to-one connection with another parent who has had a similar experience.
- Providers and Teens Communicating about Health (PATCH) – Five PATCH Sites located across the state collaborate with three statewide Youth Advocacy Fellowships to INCLUDE youth in programs and policies for youth. Encourages young people to create positive change, and has programs and resources to EDUCATE, ENGAGE, and EMPOWER others to do the same.The PATCH for Teens and PATCH for Parents Toolkits were created enhance the impact of existing PATCH efforts which are working to change the way adolescents receive, experience, and utilize health care. With youth voice and perspective at the forefront, the Toolkits help ensure health care providers, adolescents, and parents/guardians/caregivers of adolescents feel ready and well-equipped to navigate the often complex interactions that take place in health care settings.
- Well Badger Resource Center – Provides information and referral services.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services – Promotes quality of care for children and youth with special health care needs in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Medical Home Initiative – The Children’s Health Alliance of Wisconsin’s Medical Home Initiative promotes children’s health and development through its direct support to healthcare professionals on practices of early screening, identification and care coordination.