The resources listed below relate to a variety of transition topics.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Got Transition is a national organization focused on youth health transition. Many resources for youth and families are available on their website.
Cards for families that will be distributed by health practitioner.
Cards for families that will be distributed by health practitioner. [Spanish]
Information for young adults on a variety of health topics, from Boston Children’s Hospital.
Links to a wealth of teen health resources
Information for teens on smoking, and resources for quitting.
Legal & Procedural
- WI Board for People with Developmental Disabilities Supported Decision-Making and Guardianship Alternatives
- Family Voices Supported Decision-Making
- The Arc WI Learn about Supported Decision-Making in WI
- Got Transition Fact Sheet: Guardianship and Alternatives for Decision-Making Support
- Advance Directives Forms from the State of Wisconsin for Living Will and Powers of Attorney
- The Arc WI Pooled Special Needs Trust Programs for People with Disabilities
- The Guardianship Support Center
- ABC for Health
- Regional Centers for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Well Badger Resource Center
- Social Security Administration: Benefits for Children with Disabilities
- The Affordable Care Act: What Your Family Needs to Know (from healthychildren.org)
- Adult Disability Starter Kit
- Wisconsin Supplementary Security Income
- Wisconsin Medicaid
- Wisconsin Chronic Disease Program (coverage for adults with certain chronic diseases)
- Medicaid Purchase Plan (MAPP)
- Children’s Long Term Support (CLTS) Waivers–Transition Planning
- Wisconsin Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)
- Disability Rights WI Public Benefits
- Questions about Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicaid?
- Disability Rights Wisconsin Family Care and IRIS Ombudsman Program Publications
- Family Care
- Every Woman Wisconsin
- Talking with Teens-Office of Adolescent Health (US Dept of Health and Human Services)
- Kids Health
- The Healthy Bodies Toolkit (booklets and resources for parents, to help them guide their teens with disabilities through puberty)
- Center for Young Women’s Health (includes reproductive health information and topics)
- Young Men’s Health (includes reproductive health information and topics)
- Wisconsin Transition Improvement Grant (TIG)
- Wisconsin Statewide Parent-Educator Initiative (WSPEI)
- Wisconsin School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing: Transition Resources
- Department of Public Instruction Opening Doors to Postsecondary Education
- Wisconsin PROMISE
- Wisconsin Independent Living Centers
- In Control Wisconsin Supported Living Information
- PACER Center Information Sheet on the ADA and Transition
- PACER Center Information on Accessing Accommodations After High School