The resources listed below relate to a variety of transition topics.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Got Transition is a national organization focused on youth health transition. Many resources for youth and families are available on their website.
Cards for families that will be distributed by health practitioner.
Cards for families that will be distributed by health practitioner. [Spanish]
Information for young adults on a variety of health topics, from Boston Children’s Hospital.
Links to a wealth of teen health resources
Information for teens on smoking, and resources for quitting.
Growing up and becoming an adult is difficult for all youth, but can be especially challenging for young people with special health care needs. This video was developed to help youth and young adults with chronic health conditions and their families be better prepared for adulthood, especially the move from pediatric to adult-oriented health care. This video was developed through a contract from Children’s Medical Services to the University of Florida. Run time: 29 minutes. (2007)
Legal & Procedural
- ARC Dane County Information about Guardianship
- Got Transition Fact Sheet: Guardianship and Alternatives for Decision-Making Support
- Guardianship Support Center (at the Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources)
- Advance Directives Forms from the State of Wisconsin for Living Will and Powers of Attorney
- Pooled Trust Programs for People with Disabilities (from Arc of Wisconsin)
- Guardianship Information-Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- The Affordable Care Act: What Your Family Needs to Know (from healthychildren.org)
- From Coverage To Care: A Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You
- Healthy/young/america (from Young Invincibles)
- Adult Disability Starter Kit
- Wisconsin Supplementary Security Income
- Wisconsin Medicaid
- Wisconsin Chronic Disease Program (coverage for adults with certain chronic diseases)
- Medicaid Purchase Plan (MAPP)
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
- Children’s Long Term Support (CLTS) Waivers–Transition Planning
- Wisconsin Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)
- Disability Rights Wisconsin Family Care and IRIS Ombudsman Program Publications
- Family Care
- Every Woman Wisconsin
- Talking with Teens-Office of Adolescent Health (US Dept of Health and Human Services)
- Kids Health
- The Healthy Bodies Toolkit (booklets and resources for parents, to help them guide their teens with disabilities through puberty)
- Center for Young Women’s Health (includes reproductive health information and topics)
- Young Men’s Health (includes reproductive health information and topics)
- Wisconsin Transition Improvement Grant (TIG)
- Wisconsin Statewide Parent-Educator Initiative (WSPEI)
- Wisconsin School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing: Transition Resources
- Department of Public Instruction Opening Doors to Postsecondary Education
- Wisconsin PROMISE
- Wisconsin Independent Living Centers
- In Control Wisconsin Supported Living Information
- PACER Center Information Sheet on the ADA and Transition
- PACER Center Information on Accessing Accommodations After High School